1. What will we do with your data?
Personal data that you decided to share with us will be processed and used within the Yaskawa group for handling your request, application or order. If applicable, the relevant data will be passed on to sub-contractors for handling.
For efficient customer management, your data are stored in our CRM-Software “Salesforce.com”. Data in Salesforce are saved and processed in data centers in Europe. In addition, Salesforce is also certified by eTrust and has a data protection certificate by TÜV Saar.
However, we will not sell your data to third parties or market them in any other way.
2. When will we collect, process and utilize personal data from you?
Whenever a user accesses our web offering or downloads a file, we – or sometimes a third party contractor – will save the access information of this operation as protocol data. Each data set consists of:
- the website you used to link to our page;
- the IP address;
- the date and time of access;
- the request of the client;
- the http answer code;
- the amount of data transferred;
- information on the browser and operating system you use.
If the web page offers the option of inputting personal or business data (e.g. your email address, name, or postal address), it is completely up to you whether you disclose this information. We will use personalized data only for the purpose they were given to us. We will sometimes commission sub-contractors to fulfil your service request, or to handle your query or application. These third parties will receive the data necessary to carry out their task and will use them for this purpose only. Sub-contractors also have a contractual obligation to comply with this privacy statement.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer to help analyze how you use the website. The information generated by the cookie about your visit to the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to a Google server in the USA for storage. Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for the website operators and providing other services relating to website and internet usage.
3. What are your rights concerning your data?
Upon request, you are entitled to obtain free-of-charge information on any personalized data that have been stored about you. The Federal Data Protection Act also entitles you to have these personal data corrected, blocked or deleted. For these purposes, please contact our corporate Data Protection Officer by writing a letter or an email (see contact page).
4. What are cookies and what are they used for?
To change your settings in Internet Explorer 6:
1. In the menu bar, choose „Extras“, then select „Internet Options“.
2. Click on the tab „Data Protection“.
3. In the dialogue field, slide the left-hand switch fully upwards (“Block all
4. Confirm the set-up by pressing OK.
To change your settings in Firefox 2.0:
1. In the menu bar choose „Extras“, then select „Settings“.
2. Under „Data Protection“ you will find the section „Cookies“. Proceed to
deactivate the option “Accept Cookies“.
3. Click on OK to save the new set-up.
If you use another internet browser, please check the help function of your browser or software supplier for instructions on how to deactivate or delete cookies.
5. Do you have any other questions?
If you have any more questions concerning the collection, processing or utilization of your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer (see contact page).